Monday, May 07, 2012

Childlike Adult

cousin Wella's first birthday (April 15)

with Baby Blake (the baby boy), my sister Lovelie's son

Another child's birthday in the family is a testament that I'm getting old. For some reason, I don't mind about my digits increasing each passing year. My age may take a notch higher annually but I'll always be a kid at heart. I am a child. Don't get me wrong, I'm not immature and childish. I am an adult and I am mature, but I am childlike. 

Honestly, I'm one of the kids. I still play and goof around with the children. When I'm around with children, I transform into a hyperactive ninja. I still chat with them about things that only children talk about. I love having conversations with children. Their open-mindedness and curiosity are contagious. I don't get annoyed with their endless questions that typical adults get tired and sick of. I get flabbergasted with their questions and statements. I love listening to their stories. I love hearing them and answering them with the child brain that I have. People always say that I am childlike.

There was even a time where the thought that I'm an adult struck me so hard. I know I'm 20 years old, but I got a knock on the head when I realized that I'm already a graduate and I'm proceeding into a very hard course. Add the idea that I'm going to undertake activities that only adults are expert of, like bank stuff. It gave me chills because I always thought I was a child, and children are not supposed to embark on bank stuff. However, it was a wake up call for me. I won't stop being a child, but I will take on the role of a responsible mature person. I am an adult, but still possessing the childlike spirit in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment