Friday, May 04, 2012

Surigao 2012

A glimpse of Surigao. 

I finally stepped foot on the ground of Surigao. It's cold summer breeze caressed my skin. It was a drastic trip; a short, sudden stay. Despite that, I was marveled by the beauty of its nature.

 
To witness the rising of the sun is such a wonderful feeling. I allowed the sun's rays to shine over me that early morning. My eyes, though, were crying colors of too much brightness.
  
 
In our short stay, I've observed that Surigao has many little islands, which left me guessing where Siargao Island is. I adore this one, because of its forest-y jungle vibe.

 
The mountains look magnificent due to the vibrant green hue, but the fog in this photo gives off an eerie aura, which I absolutely and peculiarly love.

There's always interesting things to capture wherever I turn. My head was rotating 360 degrees and all I see is dazzling scenery.

Taken during the night of our voyage. We were amazed by how the moon illuminates the ocean. Again, I love the moon and I honestly took a lot of photos of it, but I won't overload this post with moon shots.

I wish we could have stayed a lot longer. I want to tour around Surigao, and I definitely want to bask under the heat of the sun in the big waves of Siargao Island. We were in a rush to head off to Butuan, but better luck next time for me. It's more fun in the Philippines! 

P.S.
Forgive me for the long hiatus. I'm socializing offline with my relatives. Summer is the only moment where I could spend quality time with them. Thanks to vacations. 

About Purple and Gold, we haven't done a project, yet. It's kind of hard, because my sister is working full time and unfortunately, she's been sick the whole week. We are all sick. Right now, I have tonsillitis, cough, and colds. However, rest assured that we will pursue at least one project this summer. I will not let this summer end without doing anything for Purple and Gold. I already had a discussion with my mother and aunt about tree planting, so wish us luck for that. Moreover, I may have an academic privilege, which increases the possibility of sponsoring a scholar or at least giving school supplies to kids. Remember, we have no sponsors, so we're going to use our personal finances for the projects - one project at a time.

6 comments:

  1. I like your shots dear! Great photos! Followed you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos look amazing! Wow! I really like your blog, it would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorna! I checked your blog and you are really pretty! :)

      Delete