Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bittersweet Date with the Azkals

The Philippine Football Team popularly known as the Azkals have been making a loud uproar not just in the Philippines, but also in different continents of the world. Possessing not just talent, but those good looks that make all the girls and gays flutter with just a glimpse. Count me in! I won't deny it, I love their Fil-Brit players and all those foreign-looking masculinity. However, I didn't love them just because of their looks. I immediately fell in love with them when I saw them at the AFF Suzuki Cup last December 2010. In fact, I fell in love with them so much than when they lost, I lost faith in God. In the sports arena of my life, only the Los Angeles Lakers made me lose my faith, the all hailed and mighty Lakers... so Azkals really have something in them. They had a spark that I can't explain. In fact, I have blogged about them and how they made me lose my faith in A Greater Sin. Enough backtracking.

Azkals had a 5-day stay here in Cebu for some training, clinic, TVC shoot, meeting with the Governor, meet-and-greet, and mall tour. Of all those, I was able to watch their afternoon training last May 29, and see them during their mall tour in Ayala last May 30.

As I always claim, I'm never lucky enough. During their training, I wasn't able to bring with me a camera, because Mom brought it with her in her trip to Tabogon, up north. I just used my phone, which is very inconvenient. Fortunately though, Niña and I had Neil Etheridge, Roel Gener, James Younghusband, and Paolo Pascual's signatures. But it would have been better if we had photos with them, right? We got videos, anyway. And oh, Neil Etheridge was the first one who came to the fans, I think he's the kindest of all. James Younghusband is the 2nd kindest.


During their mall tour, my unluckiness still tailed me. My sister Ira and I were so close to Paolo Pascual, but we weren't able to take photos with him. The group before us were such slow butts, that when they were done taking photos with him, they moved like a constipated turtle, and Paolo already walked away, he then was too busy with the others who took photos with him. We were left there, my jaw dropping with regret and sadness. I could have shouted and begged him to stay there for a moment, but I didn't. I hate to regret, but I always regret. I just have to forget about it and look at the brighter side - I have his signature.


Lesson learned. Grab the opportunity. Eminem was always right, "You only got one shot, do not miss the chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime, you better." Stop regretting, keep living. At least, I saw them twice, and I even have their signatures. More good things will come my way, I believe.
Neil Etheridge's signature on my Samsung phone, Roel Gener's signature on my shirt, Paolo Pascual's signature on my hanky, and James Younghusband's signature on my Nokia phone and hanky! I super love them! Thank you, boys! Thank you Tamara Niña Orcullo Pleños for being with me on that day! ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment