Thursday, June 07, 2012

Summer Nostalgia


I've always been vocal about my intense love for summer. Summer is my favorite part of the year. First off, I get a 2-month break from school. Freedom! Second, I get to enjoy the wonderful beaches and mountains, and I get to travel a lot to different places. Adventure! Lastly, I get to spend time with my family, relatives, and friends. Happiness! All these jam-packed in one great summer moment.

However, all these delight stops when I go back to urbanity. Nostalgia slowly creeps into me and gradually transforms my joyous emotions into sad, longing ones. When summer comes to its end, I start to miss the activities I do and the people I spend time with. All these would just become memories that can make me happy and sad at the same time. At this moment, fresh summer memories bring pensive yearning to my soul. This wistfulness is honestly because of the important and special persons who I can only interact and hang out with during summer. Being far away from these people is disheartening. Distance matters. It's actually a big deal for me.

I know this nostalgia will diminish in timeThese are are just fleeting emotions. Give me time, and I will forget. Give me time, and reminiscing these memories would not be painful, anymore. Give me time, and these memories will make me smile. Just give me time.

No comments:

Post a Comment