Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Papa's 47th Birthday: Manila Foodshoppe Food Hunt

Today is my Papa's birthday. Unfortunately, he is not here to spend his birthday with us. We just sent him our birthday greetings, and he told us to celebrate. He told us to cook pancit for long life and to buy ice cream. He knows how much we crave for ice cream. But, we opted to eat outside the house. Manila Foodshoppe was the restaurant of choice. I haven't tried their food, yet, and I heard that Papa loves their food, so we went for it.
pancit canton

beef steak

honey pork spareribs

We ordered a pitcher of ice tea, plain rice, pancit canton, beef steak, and honey pork spareribs. Manila Foodshoppe's service was a bit slow. Straight to the point, I was not satisfied with their food either. The pancit canton was delicious, though. Big serving but we almost finished it. For the honey pork spareribs, it took me a while to realize that it was yummy. I could not taste the honey, it tastes like curry, instead. But, it was delicious. The beef steak, I'm sorry to say the word, but the beef steak sucks. It lacks flavor. It was seasoned, but the flavor was just blank. I felt like I was munching paper, a hard paper. It was not tender, it was not tasty. I would never order their beef steak ever again. NEVER! It was that bad. I was almost at a point of calling out their chef and telling him how bad his beef steak tastes. I'm not that rude, though.
--Manila Foodshoppe, Gaisano Mactan Island Mall, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu--

cousin Hinah

sissy Ira

yours truly with so much blemishes. boo!

Anyhoo, this post is not all about the Manila Foodhsoppe food review, this is about my Papa's birthday. After dinner, we went to Virgen dela Regla National Shrine and lit some candles there. Papa told us to. It's also our family's tradition to light candles whenever a family member's birthday comes. Especially Papa, of course, we had to pray. I just pray that God will always protect and bless my Papa; that God will give him good health; that God will make him realize. I love my Papa so much. My Papa and Mama are the main reason why I still continue to exist, why I still continue to believe, why I still continue to live my life the way I live it. Lord, thank you so much for prolonging my Papa's life, despite all the tragic incidents. Lord, I believe. Everything is gonna be alright, maybe not today, but eventually. Everything is gonna be alright, I believe.

P.S. Mama went to Mindanao to attend our aunt's birthday/retirement party.
Kent arrived late and ended up eating at home because he's a dumb and stubborn brother.

HAPPY 47th BIRTHDAY, PAPA!
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Love, 
your kids

No comments:

Post a Comment