Monday, December 26, 2011

Where is Mr. Sunshine?

It has been raining the whole day. Hence, the title.

Longing for sunshine, longing to be complete.
Christmas Day has passed, but my life is incomplete.
For him to be here, it seems that I have to compete.
On the birth of baby Jesus, I must admit defeat.

Hey! Where did that came from? I was just typing this blog post, and that one-stanza poem came exploding from my brain. I guess Mr. Sunshine has double meaning. Excuse me, it's not green. It is, rather, sentimental. Mr. Sunshine denotes the sun, and connotes my father. Unfortunately, as I am the most unfortunate person in the whole vast universe (self-proclaimed national exaggerator), father was not here again this Christmas. I never win. I will always be a sore loser. Enough drama.

The day has been gloomy and obscure, just like my Christmas. The rain was my solace. The rain is crying for me. Want more pain? Lakers lost the Christmas game by one point. How more unfortunate could I be? Oh please, humor me.

Here comes the photos of the day. So fitting, don't you think? I took the photos way back, as I have said  here. I love sunsets. Sunsets are very special to me. I do not know why.



My prayer for today: Lord God, protect us. Spare us from the wreck brought by heavy rains. I am kind of traumatic with what Typhoon Sendong has brought to the provinces of Cagayan De Oro, Iligan, and Negros Oriental. Embrace us with your loving arms, Lord. Be with us. Amen.


P.S. After publishing the post, I decided to make this.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment